Wednesday 22 February 2012

getting back on track



You know that feeling, when you lose sight of a goal, and all you can think of is getting back on track. But everything you do to get back on track seems to push you 10 steps back.

That's where I am at the moment. I had set out on a journey, to eat only unprocessed foods for a whole year and for two months straight, I did just that. I had the most determination and focus, that nothing could tear me away from my goal. I was comfortable saying 'no' to people when it didn't fit in with my lifestyle choice. But then in a moment of weakness something overcame me, which made all my hard work and determination fly out the window.

But where did my focus and determination go and how can I get it back?

I can get it back by reassessing my long term nutritional goal and set some mini goals that are going to keep me on track.  The secret to keeping a long term goal is making and completing all the mini goals that you set for yourself.  These mini goals need to be something that challenges you a little but is attainable.  These mini goals have to challenge you either physically or mentally or otherwise you won't learn anything or feel as though you have gained anything from reaching that mini goal.

Here is my long term nutrition goal: I want organic, unprocessed foods to make up 90% of my diet for the rest of my life, (not just the rest of the year)

I understand that this is a lifestyle choice for me but it’s not only about just eating these food but understanding the way that these foods affect my body.  Understanding how food can heal your body and that eating clean, organic unprocessed foods really is the secret to longevity.

So understanding what my main long term nutritional goal is I can now start to think about the mini goals that are going to help me along the way.  Not only do I want to think about cutting out “bad” foods, but also fully understanding what makes these foods “bad” and fully understanding why I really don’t want to put these foods into my system.  I will be adding to my mini goals all the time, as my long term goal is about a lifestyle change, my mini goals are going to be the things that keep me going for good.

Here are my mini nutritional goals for the next month:
I want to give up refined sugar for good! I want to give up refined sugar for good! – I already know that sugar is the devil, it’s just time for it to go for good. 
I want to experiment with making my own flours from scratch – I love baking, and I’m not ready to give up on having delicious blueberry muffins or a birthday cake, or making brownies.  There is a way to do it healthy and I am going to find it.
I want to explore the possibility of studying nutrition – want to explore the possibility of studying nutrition – I love this stuff, it is what I am passionate about, I want to live like this and I also want to inspire others to implement these changes into their lives.  I’ve already seen how helping people achieve their fitness goals.


So what are you doing to keep your goals on track?  Why not try to reassess you long term goal and set some mini goals to help you get there.

NKxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...